Maritime Fires and Explosions
For the past two decades, workers in the oil and gas extraction industry have been 7 times more likely to die on the job than the average worker in America, according to the Occupational Health and Safety Administration. This is due in no small part to the risk of fires and explosions — something unavoidable in an industry centered on extracting, refining and distributing combustible substances.
The danger is not exclusive to the oil business, however. Vessels at sea in any industry often store dangerous chemicals and other substances, sometimes in confined spaces where fumes can easily ignite.
You may need an attorney in order to seek the compensation entitled to you by federal law, and it is essential that you choose the right one. Your future may depend on it. Allow us to use our decades of experience to find the right attorney for your unique case.
- Let us help you with your search. These benefits provided to you come with no additional cost.
- Once you become our client, your fees will NEVER increase no matter how many lawyers or law firms are retained on your case. All lawyers and law firms retained on your case will be paid by us from our share of the fees.
- Sometimes the most advantageous solution is a combination of law firms with different strengths and experience.
- We will use our experience to find the right lawyers best suited for your case.
- We maintain joint responsibility for your case throughout the entire process — we don’t just simply place you in the hands of another law firm. We finish everything we start.
Contact us today for a free, no-obligation consultation to learn how we can help.
Debilitating Injuries – and No Hospital in Sight
The products of the oil industry quite literally fuel the modern world, and this is only possible due to their combustible nature. The chemical process that fires the cylinders of a car engine also places seamen at risk of serious and potentially fatal injuries on the job. Possible injuries include:
If these dangers were not enough, don’t forget that an oil platform or seafaring vessel may be hundreds of miles from the nearest hospital.
If you or a loved one has suffered a workplace injury on an oil rig or aboard a ship, you need an attorney who can meet the needs of your particular maritime injury claim. Thanks to our decades of experience and our wide network of peers, our attorneys can connect you with the help you need.